The International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS), which orders the weighing of cargo before loading, came into force on July 1, 2016. This rule increases the safety of maritime transport by preventing overloading of containers in which the actual weight does not correspond to the data provided.
In addition, the vehicles of carriers are increasingly penalised on the basis of weight inspections. The integration of Weighing Systems in logistics centres and/or installation of scales at container handlers is an effective solution for addressing the new standards. In this way, you can significantly increase transport safety and efficiency.
Scales suitable for container transhipment
Main benefits of this solution
Our systems will help you not only meet the SOLAS standard, but also the legislative limits for road vehicle loads. Together they are characterized by:
- unattended operation
- accelerating the clearance of vehicles
- integration into the company information system
- continuous service supervision in 24/7 mode
- advanced diagnostics of hidden disorders
- equipment for operation in harsh climatic conditions